The all-new, 6-th generation Chevrolet Camaro goes on sale this fall! The main news of the main Ford Mustang`s rival are as follows:
- more than 90 kg lighter and slightly smaller than the predecessor (4.78 m long, 1.90 m wide, 1.35 m tall)
- even more powerful SS version: 455 hp (V8 6.2 liter)
- 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission
- though no performance specs have been released yet, the new Camaro SS will probably beat the predecessor`s about 5 seconds to 100 km/h and 250 km/h top speed
- new affordable 2.0-liter turbo version (275 hp, below 6 seconds to 100 km/h)
- available electronically-adjustable driving mode selector (engine, transmission, stablity/traction control, suspension) with special "Track" race-oriented mode
- new interior electronics including 8-inch instrument cluster display, LED 24-color ambient lighting system with theatrical “car show” mode, and climate controls integrated into the air ducts.
European prices will probably remain at about €40,000 for 455-hp SS and probably less than €30,000 for the 275-hp version
Goes on sale later this year...
The cheapest, entry-level Tesla becomes significantly more capable, fast and better-equipped than before.
Instead of the old rear-wheel drive, 380-hp Model S 60, the new Model 70D features dual motors, all-wheel-drive and 512 hp combined power, as well as acceleration to 60 mph (96 km/h) in 5.2 seconds.
Also the new, bigger 70 kWh battery provides longer cruising range of up to 384 km.
The autopilot package now comes standard, combining active cruise-, lane-change- and departure-control, as well as automatic parking (and it`ll probably will be to drive the car totally autonomously when Tesla certifies this feature).
And finally, now even this entry-level Model S includes unlimited free charging at ultra-fast Supercharger stations.
Price has increased, though, to €75,800 in Germany / $76,200 in the USA (increase by about 7%). But with sports car performance. AWD all-weather capabilities, longer range and better equipment, it actually gives more for just a little extra...
The recent crazy 6-wheel super-wide, super-high-clearance Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 pickup is an extraordinary vehicle, and now the classic G500 is about to get similar 4-wheel chassis. And it`s gonna be much faster and cheaper than the 6-wheeler!
The concept-car named G500 4x4² might become a true "dream car" for those who lust for competition-level off-road capabilities, sports-car-dynamics, luxurious interior and - hey, it`s a Mercedes with factory warranty and not some risky tuners demo-car.
The main feature of the 416-hp G500 4x4² is the portal axles borrowed from the military version of the G, which provide the following:
- higher ground clearance (45 cm, twice as high compared to most SUVs, including the G500)
- 30-cm wider track (almost 1.8 meters wide)
- ability to ford water 1.0 meter deep
- cabin-adjustable tire pressure and optional off-road beadlock wheels for off-roading of soft sand with extremely deflated wheels
- 325/55 R22 tires (almost 1-meter outside diameter!)
- electronically controlled dampers with comfort- and sport modes
- and still it accelerates to 100 km/h in less than 6 seconds, and reaches 210 km/h top speed
- and finally, its carbon wheel arches are 25 centimeters wider, the roof features LED light strips above the windshield, and also G500 4x4² features G63/65AMG front bumper and exhaust tips
The Mercedes-Benz G500 4x4² concept is almost ready for production, and if Daimler gives the project green light, the extreme G500s might hit showrooms this autumn costing around €200,000 (2,5 times cheaper than the 6x6 AMG).
The latest generation of the Corvette has re-established the American Dream as one of the most sophisticated sports cars in the US for under $60,000, providing not only huge power, but also all sorts of electronic systems, European-quality interior and premium equipment.
And now the most powerful Corvette version in history, the 650-hp Corvette Z06, is about to establish itself as a dominant power among world supercars.
Acceleration to 100 km/h in about 3 seconds, quarter mile in 10.95 sec are about to make the new Corvette Z06 the fastest production car both in its "under €100K" segment...
What is more, for the first time in history Z06 will be available with not only manual but also even faster 8-speed automatic transmission, and moreover, also convertible version will be available.
The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 coupe goes on sale in the US first quarter`2015 staring from about $79 000, and the convertible hits showrooms in the second quarter for about $84 000.
The 2016 Volvo XC90 is about to be the company`s breakthrough to premium segment, thanks to exterior design, luxurious interior, brand-new Apple/Android infotainment electronics and wider-than-ever personalization options.
The most powerful, "T8 Twin Engine" plug-in hybrid will feature both gas- and electric engines, with almost 400 hp combined power.
And, as always for Volvo, new heights of safety are expected.
The new XC90 hits showrooms next spring, for about €60-100 thousand for well-equipped versions.
New Lexus NX was presented at Beijing Motor Show. This is the first compact crossover of the brand and will compete with vehicles like the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Mercedes GLK and Range Rover Evoque.
The biggest features of the new Lexus are aggressive styling and sporty driving. The most powerful version will have a 235-hp, 2-liter, twin-turbo gasoline engine, and can feature even more aggressive exterior thanks to F-Sport body kit, and interior will red leather and other sporty elements.
Of course, a hybrid, NX300h version will be available as well, with less power (194 hp combined), but better fuel economy compared to diesels.
In most countries the prices haven't been announced yet. Probably a well-equipped turbo- or hybrid version will cost about €50,000, while the base one could start from about €40 thousand.
The sales are about to start this fall.
This Infiniti`s compact sedan provides very fast and efficient hybrid version (360 hp, about 5 seconds to 100 km/h), ultra-modern equipment and good price.
Besides ability to gain speed and brake autonomously, the Q50 is even capable of automatic steering (though in a small range), thanks to the first-in-the-world drive-by-wire system. .
The most powerful and fully-equipped 4-wheel-drive Q50 hybrid costs about €60.000, while the cheapest 2.2-liter diesel version starts from about €37,000.
One of the few cars in the world which can combine almost 600 horse power, 300 km/h, four-wheel drive and Swarovski crystals.
Goes on sale this autumn, probably for about 160 000 euros.
A little more elegance inside and outside, lots of new electronics and... smaller, 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, which provides supposedly both better dynamics and better fuel economy.
Hits US showrooms this fall, with base price of about $60 000.