The all-new, 6-th generation Chevrolet Camaro goes on sale this fall! The main news of the main Ford Mustang`s rival are as follows:
- more than 200 pounds lighter and slightly smaller than the predecessor (188" long, 75" wide, 53" tall)
- even more powerful SS version: 455 hp (V8 6.2 liter)
- 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission
- though no performance specs have been released yet, the new Camaro SS will probably beat the predecessor`s 4.5 seconds to 60 mph and 156 mph top speed
- new affordable 2.0-liter turbo version (275 hp, below 6 seconds to 60 mph)
- available electronically-adjustable driving mode selector (engine, transmission, stablity/traction control, suspension) with special "Track" race-oriented mode
- new interior electronics including 8-inch instrument cluster display, LED 24-color ambient lighting system with theatrical “car show” mode, and climate controls integrated into the air ducts.
Prices will probably remain at about $35,000 for 455-hp SS and at about $24,000 cheapest about 300-hp version. The new Camaro goes on sale later this year
The cheapest, entry-level Tesla becomes significantly more capable, fast and better-equipped than before.
Instead of the old rear-wheel drive, 380-hp Model S 60, the new Model 70D features dual motors, all-wheel-drive and 512 hp combined power, as well as acceleration to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds.
Also the new, bigger 70 kWh battery provides longer cruising range of up to 240 miles.
The autopilot package now comes standard, combining active cruise-, lane-change- and departure-control, as well as automatic parking (and it`ll probably will be to drive the car totally autonomously when Tesla certifies this feature).
And finally, now even this entry-level Model S includes unlimited free charging at ultra-fast Supercharger stations.
Price has increased, though, to $76,200 (increase by $5,000). But with sports car performance. AWD all-weather capabilities, longer range and better equipment, it actually gives more for just a little extra...
The recent crazy 6-wheel super-wide, super-high-clearance Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 pickup is an extraordinary vehicle, and now the classic G500 is about to get similar 4-wheel chassis. And it`s gonna be much faster and cheaper than the 6-wheeler!
The concept-car named G500 4x4² might become a true "dream car" for those who lust for competition-level off-road capabilities, sports-car-dynamics, luxurious interior and - hey, it`s a Mercedes with factory warranty and not some risky tuners demo-car.
The main feature of the 416-hp G500 4x4² is the portal axles borrowed from the military version of the G, which provide the following:
- higher ground clearance (almost 18 inches, twice as high compared to most SUVs, including the G500)
- 11-inches wider track (almost 70 inches wide)
- ability to ford water almost 40 inches deep
- cabin-adjustable tire pressure and optional off-road beadlock wheels for off-roading of soft sand with extremely deflated wheels
- 325/55 R22 tires (37" outside diameter!)
- electronically controlled dampers with comfort- and sport modes
- and still it accelerates to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds, and reaches 130 mph top speed
- and finally, its carbon wheel arches are almost 10 inches wider, the roof features LED light strips above the windshield, and also G500 4x4² features G63/65 AMG front bumper and exhaust tips
The Mercedes-Benz G500 4x4² concept is almost ready for production, and if Daimler gives the project green light, the extreme G500s might hit showrooms this autumn costing around $200,000 (2.5 times cheaper than the 6x6 AMG).
Lincoln`s commercials have become a surprising social-media hit. Or it is more accurate to say, Lincoln commercials and its parodies have become a hit.
The original videos feature Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey and philosophical themes like "I've been driving a Lincoln since long before anybody paid me to drive one" and "Sometimes it’s better to take the long way" (after seeing a lonely bull on empty road in the desert), and have achieved several millions of views on Youtube.
What is more, parodies featuring Jim Carrey, Conan O’Brien, Ellen DeGeneres and South Park cartoons have have achieved more than 10 million Youtube views, and have boosted Lincoln`s sales by 25% in October. Another example of how publicity can make miracles...
Below are all those Lincoln commercials parodies, and how they started.
The latest generation of the Corvette has re-established the American Dream as one of the most sophisticated sports cars in the US for under $60,000, providing not only huge power, but also all sorts of electronic systems, European-quality interior and premium equipment.
And now the most powerful Corvette version in history, the 650-hp Corvette Z06, is about to establish itself as a dominant power among world supercars.
Acceleration to 60 mph in 2.95 seconds, quarter mile in 10.95 sec are about to make the new Corvette Z06 the fastest production car both in its "under $90K" segment...
What is more, for the first time in history Z06 will be available with not only manual but also even faster 8-speed automatic transmission, and moreover, also convertible version will be available.
The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 coupe goes on sale first quarter`2015 staring from about $79,000, and the convertible hits showrooms in the second quarter for about $84,000.
The 2016 Volvo XC90 is about to be the company`s breakthrough to premium segment, thanks to exterior design, luxurious interior, brand-new Apple/Android infotainment electronics and wider-than-ever personalization options.
The most powerful, "T8 Twin Engine" plug-in hybrid will feature both gas- and electric engines, with almost 400 hp combined power.
And, as always for Volvo, new heights of safety are expected.
The new XC90 hits showrooms next spring, for about $60-75 thousand for well-equipped versions.
New Lexus NX was presented at Beijing Motor Show. This is the first compact crossover of the brand and will compete with vehicles like the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Mercedes GLK and Range Rover Evoque.
The biggest features of the new Lexus are aggressive styling and sporty driving. The most powerful version will have a 235-hp, 2-liter, twin-turbo engine, and can feature even more aggressive exterior thanks to the available F-Sport body kit, and optional interior with red leather.
Of course, a hybrid version (named NX300h) will be available as well, with less power (194 hp combined), but better fuel economy.
The prices haven't been announced yet. Probably a well-equipped turbo- or hybrid version will cost about $50,000, while the base one could start from about $40 thousand.
The sales are about to start this fall.